City of Jacksonville

Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly Program Application

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I qualify? 

To be eligible for assistance, households must have:

  • At least one individual age 60 or over in the home,
  • A documented heating or cooling emergency, and 
  • A gross household annual income equal or less than 150 percent of the federal poverty guidelines.

What do I need to bring?

  1. Recent household's TOTAL monthly income documents (all sources) - ALL FAMILY MEMBERS age 18 and older. (i.e., Social Security Award letter, paycheck stubs, retirement pension letter, veterans benefit letter, child support letter, etc.) All proof of income documents must be current year. 
  2. Social Security Cards for all members of the household. No copies accepted. 
  3. Florida Drivers License, U.S. Passport, Florida Permanent ID or other military government issued photo ID for all members of the household. (Must not be expired and have correct address.) No copies accepted. 
  4. Food Stamp approval/Notice of Case Action letter - if applicable. Must say current month/year.
  5. Most recent utility bill with Disconnection notice or Gas bill with Disconnection notice. (All pages of the bill)
  6. Original or Certified copies of birth certificates for all children in the household under the age of 18. 
  7. Lease and Notice of Tenant's Rent and Utility Reimbursement/Subsidy if client lives in Section 8/HUD housing.
  8. Current (Last 30 days) bank statement or Direct Express card statement for all adults in the household. (All pages of the statement) 

For more information, please call 630-CITY (630-2489).