Senior Center Rental
As a service to the Jacksonville community, the Senior Services Division makes 17 senior centers available for private rental for functions such as birthday parties, baby showers, repasts, and family reunions. Centers throughout the City ensure that there is a facility in a location to meet your needs.
Rental Availability: The seniors centers are available for private rentals on non-holiday weekends . Centers are available only on Fridays (5 - 11 p.m.), Saturdays (until 11 p.m.), and Sundays (until 8 p.m.). Centers must be rented at least 2 weeks before the date of the event (except in the case of a repast) and may be rented up to 6 months in advance. (All rentals subject to center and staff availability.) Centers are reserved on a first-come first-served basis and a center may not be held for any renter. (Center is not rented until payment is received)
Rental Costs: Cost is $50 per hour, three hour minimum, plus an additional $50 (+ 7% tax) clean up fee. (Set up hours are billed at a rate of $25 per hour) Please call the center for availability, specific guidelines, and additional information. Payment may be made by cashier's check, certified check or money order made out to City of Jacksonville; no other forms of payment (including cash) are accepted. Please note: all rentals required 2 staff members, and clean up fee may not be waived for any reason.
Any person scheduling an event at the Jacksonville Senior Centers agrees to the following:
- The center will not be opened before the time listed as "Beginning Hour" and all activities related to the event (including renter clean up responsibilities) must be completed by the "Ending Hour". Any hours in which the center is needed must be paid for by the renter.
- Any event that exceeds the posted maximum capacity will be shut down immediately to ensure the safety of all guests. At least 1 adult (over 18) is required for every 10 children that will be attending the event.
- The center may not be rented on a regular or continuing basis. No more than 1 event may be scheduled at a time.
- No alchohol or tobacco is permitted in the Jacksonvillle Senior Centers. Permits or exemptions are not available.
- Fundraising of any sort is not permitted in the senior centers, unless 100% of the funds raised go to the Senior Center Site Council. (This includes selling tickets to the event, taking an offering, or any other means of exchanging money.)
- Cooking is not allowed in the center. Kitchen equipment is available to keep food warm, but all food must be cooked before being brought to the center. No open flame is allowed in the Jacksonville Senior Centers, and frying is not allowed within 100 feet of any structure.
- The person who signs the contract must provide the name of the "responsible person" who is responsible for ensuring that all policies are adhered to.
- The responsible person must ensure that all decorations are removed and that all trash is placed in cans before exiting the facility.
- The senior center is offered "as is" and should be returned to its original state before exiting the facility. The responsible person must ensure that any furniture or equipment that gets moved is returned to its original location.
- No equipment may be used other than those noted in the contract addendum. This includes pool tables or other games.
If the scheduled event is cancelled by the user, a cancellation request must be submitted in writing or via email to the senior center's Center Activities Specialist. Event cancellations received with at least 10 days notice will be offered a refund in the amount of the contract minus a $35 administrative fee. For events cancelled with 9 or less days notice, a $75 administrative fee will be charged at all centers except the Arlington, Lincoln Villa, Lane-Wiley, Mandarin, and Mary Singleton Senior Centers where a $150 fee will apply.
This page does not include a full set of policies and is not meant to be a substitute for the Center Rental Agreement. For more information or to inquire about center availability, please contact the center that you are interested in renting. A complete list of senior centers and contact information is available on jaxseniors.net!