The Mayor's Young Leaders Advisory Council (YLAC) was established in 2014 and is composed of 50 high school juniors and seniors. YLAC gives youth with leadership potential the opportunity to learn more about city government and effective citizenship so they can make a positive difference as young leaders. The Council also shares ideas with city officials and advises on issues facing Jacksonville youth.
- Attend a Duval County school
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior
- Have a 2.0 GPA or better
- Write essay on requested topic
The deadline to apply for the MYLAC Class of 2024-2024 has closed
HOW TO APPLY:
- GO TO GOODWILLJAX.ORG
- CLICK EDUCATION (at the top of home page)
- SCROLL DOWN UNTIL YOU SEE MYLAC
- CLICK REGISTER NOW!
- You will be asked to provide a 250 word essay on “Why do you want to be a member of MYLAC”?
To Be Determined
View the 2023-2022 MYLAC Student Calendar here.
View the 2023-2024 MYLAC Meeting Schedule here.
- Saturday 10/7/23 - 9:00am-12:30pm (Orientation)
- Saturday 10/21/23 - 9:00am-12:30pm (David Rey)
- Saturday 11/18/23 - 9:00am-12:30pm (Abdul-Hai Thomas on State of Young People)
- Saturday 12/16/23 - 9:00am-12:30pm
- Wednesday 1/31/24 - 2:30pm-6:00pm (Saralyn Grass)
- Saturday 2/17/24 - 9:00am-12:30pm or Wednesday 2/28/24- (Early Dismissal 2:30pm-6:00pm)
- Spring Break/ Field Trip 3/18/24-3/22/24
- Wednesday 4/24/24 (Early Dismissal) or Saturday 4/27/24
- Saturday 5/18/24 9:00am-12:30pm
- Wednesday 5/29/24 10:00am-12:00pm (End of Session Celebration)
**Dates are Subject to change Due to Field Trips**
View archived MYLAC meeting minutes.