Scholarship Application Process
To be eligible for the scholarship, all applicants must complete the online form, including an essay responses to the provided questions, a letter of recommendation, and submission of an essay on the life of former City of Jacksonville Chief Administrative Officer, Lewis Alexander (Lex) Hester. All submissions will be evaluated by the Lex Hester Memorial Scholarship Review Committee, who will provide award recommendations to the Mayor. The scholarship must be used for tuition and fee expenses only for the Master of Public Administration Program at the University of North Florida. There will be no reimbursement of residual funds.
The following criteria shall be used in evaluating candidates for Scholarship awards (Executive Order No. 2018-03):
- Submission of a complete and timely application from applicants seeking an award.
- Current residence in Duval County.
- Acceptance into, or current enrollment in, the Master of Public Administration Program at the University of North Florida.
- A 3.0 GPA or higher as an undergraduate student or as a current graduate student. New students provide undergraduate GPA, and current students provide graduate GPA.
- Official sealed transcript
- Submission of responses (in essay form) to written questions, including: Why the course of study was chosen; why public service is important; why public administration studies are important; why the Scholarship is important.
- Submission of essay on the life of former City of Jacksonville Chief Administrative Officer, Lewis Alexander (Lex) Hester
Application is closed at this time