City of Jacksonville

Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about bed tax collection, the grant application process, other funding options, outside sources, etc. to help in the completion of planning for special events, conventions or conferences.

Q - What if I have questions regarding the use of my home as a short term rental and the Tourist Development Tax?
A - You would want to e-mail any questions to 

Q - Will I have to pay bed taxes if I rent my home out for a special event?
A - Yes, you can get information for the proper forms by calling the Tax Collector's Office at (904) 255-5700 or emailing 

Q - Could renting out my house effect my Homestead Exemption?
A - It could depending on certain criteria. The General Counsel's Office for the City of Jacksonville has written an opinion on this matter which can be reviewed by clicking on Ad Valorem Tax Exemption Opinion by OGC 060704.pdf. For more information please contact the Property Appraiser's Office at (904) 255-5900.

Q - What other sources can help me in planning my event in Jacksonville?
A - There are many other sources that may be able to help in different aspects of planning your event here:

  • Duval County’s Destination Marketing Organization, Visit Jacksonville, can assist you with information on booking a meeting or conference in our City or with additional services and tourist information while you are here. For more information call (904) 798-9111 or click here at;
  • The Special Events Office for the City of Jacksonville has opportunities for funding (Festival Grant Applications) along with information on holding an event. For more information call (904) 255-5418;
  • Other sites that have important information about Jacksonville and/or Florida are:

Reading the .pdf documents on this page requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader available free from Adobe.