Office of Consumer Affairs I Ice Cream Trucks I Mobile Food Dispensing Vendors
Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices I Feed the Homeless I Human Trafficking
What City of Jacksonville Municipal Code does the Office of Consumer Affairs regulates or enforces?
Chapter 250 - Miscellaneous Business Regulations
Chapter 696 - Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices
Chapter 804 - Jacksonville Traffic Code - Amended 05/14/2023
Chapter 150 - Adult Entertainment and Services Code
Chapter 250 - Public Lodging, Gas Stations, Convenience Stores
Did You Know?
- Vending without the required permit(s) is punishable by a citation up to $500, depending upon the civil class offense.
- Vending on private property requires a notarized dated letter from the property owner.
- Property must be properly zoned for outside sales usage.
- Vending in a City of Jacksonville park requires an application from the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department.
- Vending in the Downtown Overlay area requires a special vending permit from the Downtown Investment Authority (DIA).
How do I request a service or file a complaint?
The Office of Consumer Affairs investigates and mediates consumer complaints that cover a myriad of areas as they pertain to consumer fraud and/or protection.
- Notify us online at MyJax.custhelp.com or call (904) 630-CITY (2489)
- To speak with a Consumer Affairs Investigator call (904) 255-7198 | (904) 255-7200.
Where can I read the Code of Ordinances for the City of Jacksonville?
Please visit the Municode online ordinance library for the full listing, or click on one of the links below for ordinances enforced by the Office of Consumer Affairs.