UPDATE #4: Tropical Storm Ian
September 29, 2022
As Tropical Storm Ian approaches the Jacksonville area, the City of Jacksonville Emergency Operations Center (EOC) continues to collaborate with local and state agencies as they track and monitor for any potential impacts.
- JTA Express Transit buses from Stop 3991 (Moncrief and Ken Knight Dr) to the Legends Center Shelter. Thursday, September 29, 6AM – 2 PM
- Jacksonville International Airport’s terminal is closed starting Wednesday, September 28 at 11:50 PM. The airport will reopen once the airfield and terminal are deemed safe for flight operations. Passengers should contact their airline for rebooking options and the most up-to-date flight information.
- All beach access to Atlantic, Neptune, and Jax Beaches are closed to the public until further notice.
- Legends Center (5130 Soutel Dr.) – open for general population and special needs
- Landmark Middle School (101 Kernan Blvd.) – open for general population and pet-friendly
- Atlantic Coast High School (9735 R. G. Skinner Parkway) – open for special needs only, pet-friendly
- LaVilla School of the Arts (501 N. Davis St.) – open specifically for homeless individuals