UPDATE #6: IDALIA
August 30, 2023
As Idalia exits Northeast Florida, the City of Jacksonville Emergency Operations Center (EOC) continues to collaborate with local and state agencies as they track and respond to minor impacts.
Visit jaxready.com/idalia for more information.
- A tropical storm warning is currently in effect for Northeast Florida.
- The tornado watch has been lifted for Northeast Florida.
- City of Jacksonville will be resuming normal operations and reopen all offices Thursday, August 31.
- 630-CITY will operate until 11 PM Wednesday, August 30, and resume normal operating hours at 7 AM Thursday, August 31.
- Jacksonville International Airport will continue to receive incoming flights throughout the evening. Normal operations will resume Thursday, August 31. Travelers are encouraged to contact their airlines directly for flight status and rebooking options.
- JAXPORT anticipates reopening on Thursday, August 31, pending storm impacts and once federal reopening safety protocols are completed. Cruise updates are posted as they become available on JAXPORT.com.
- The Duval County Clerk of Courts and Duval County Courthouse will resume normal operations Friday, September 1.
- 110 Members of the JFRD Emergency Road Access (ERAT) and Task Force 5 Urban Search and Rescue (USAR) teams, with JSO Officers and Contracted Energy Partners, have deployed to Madison County to assist with Hurricane Idalia recovery efforts.
- All DCPS schools will reopen Friday, September 1.
- All 7 Shelters will be closing Wednesday, August 30 at 7 PM.
- The Emergency Operations Center will be deactivating Thursday, August 31 at 8 AM.