UPDATE #2: IDALIA
August 28, 2023
As Tropical Storm Idalia approaches Florida, the City of Jacksonville Emergency Operations Center (EOC) continues to collaborate with local and state agencies as they track and monitor for any potential impacts.
Visit jaxready.com/idalia for more information.
- A tropical storm watch is currently in effect for Northeast Florida.
- City Offices will close Tuesday, August 29 and Wednesday, August 30. This includes the Jacksonville Public Library, Community and Senior Centers, and Hanna and Huguenot Parks and Campgrounds.
- 630-CITY (2489) will be operating until 11 PM Monday, August 28, and will begin operating 24 hours a day Tuesday, August 29 at 7 AM.
- The Jacksonville International Airport will remain open. Passengers are encouraged to continue to monitor their flight statuses.
- JAXPORT’s cargo gates will close to inbound trucks at 3 PM on Tuesday, August 29. All outbound trucks must depart JAXPORT by 5 PM on Tuesday, August 29.
- JEA will be suspending shutoffs due to nonpayment starting Monday, August 28.
- Currently, no evacuations have been ordered. However the following six shelters will open Tuesday, August 29 at 12 PM:
- The Legends Center - (5130 Soutel Dr.), open for general population and special needs.
- Chimney Lakes Elementary – (9353 Staples Mill Dr.), open for general population and pet-friendly.
- Landmark Middle - (101 Kernan Blvd), open for general population and pet-friendly.
- Atlantic Coast High - School (9735 R.G. Skinner Pkwy), special needs only.
- Oceanway Elementary – (12555 Gillespie Ave.), open for general population.
- LaVilla School of the Arts - (501 N. Davis St.), open specifically for homeless individuals.
- JTA will be offering free transportation to shelters starting Tuesday, August 29 at 12 PM. A full list of the routes is in the Shelter Information below.