The City of Jacksonville’s Solid Waste Division will host a Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) and Electronic Waste (e-waste) Mobile Collection event on Saturday, Nov. 19. The event will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Ed Austin Regional Park (3450 Monument Rd.)
Residents can take items, like chemicals and small appliances, to be properly disposed. For a list of future dates and sites, visit https://www.coj.net/departments/public-works/solid-waste/remote-collection-events.aspx.
Items that will be accepted include:
Household Hazardous Waste
- Pesticides, pool chemicals, or any other type of chemicals or acids
- Car parts, antifreeze, motor oil* or used oil filters
- Gas, propane, kerosene, or diesel fuel/tanks
- Fireworks, flares, fire extinguishers, gun powder or ammunition
- Drain cleaners, paint*, varnish, shellac, thinners or strippers
- Thermometers or thermostats
- Car batteries or rechargeable batteries
- Photographic chemicals
- Aerosol cans
- Fluorescent or Compact Fluorescent (CFL) lights/tubes/bulb
- Computer monitors
- Computer terminal
- Stereo equipment
- Desk and mobile phones
- Power tools
- Small kitchen appliances
- Health and beauty appliances
As a reminder, residents can dispose of household hazardous waste and e-waste year-round at the Household Hazardous Waste Facility (2675 Commonwealth Ave. – 32254), Tuesday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Additional general information about HHW and e-waste collection is available on the Solid Waste Division’s website at https://www.coj.net/departments/public-works/solid-waste/disposal-operations/household-hazardous-wastes-(hhw)
*Disposal of paint and motor oil: Limits are 27 gallons of paint and/or 27 gallons of motor oil in a 30-day period per Duval County resident.