In observance of Thanksgiving, the following City government offices and facilities will be closed Thursday, Nov. 24, and Friday, Nov. 25.
Garbage, Recycling and Yard Waste Collection
- City Hall at St. James, 117 W. Duval St.
- Ed Ball Building, 214 N. Hogan St.
- Jake M. Godbold City Hall Annex, 407 N. Laura St.
- Yates Building, 231 E. Forsyth St. (The Office of the Tax Collector, including all Tax Collector branch offices and The Office of the Property Appraiser)
- Duval County Courthouse, 501 W. Adams St.
- Supervisor of Elections main office, 105 E. Monroe St.
- Animal Care and Protective Services, 2020 Forest St.
- Municipal Code Compliance Division, 214 N. Hogan St.
- Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department administrative offices, 515 N. Julia St.
- Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department offices, 214 N. Hogan St.
- All community and senior centers and gymnasiums managed by the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department
- Tillie K. Fowler Regional Park Nature Center, 7000 Roosevelt Blvd.
- Victim Services Center, 403 W. 10th St.
- Kids Hope Alliance, 1095 A. Philip Randolph Blvd.
- Social Service Division Emergency Assistance office, 1809 Art Museum Dr.
- Right-of-Way and Stormwater Management Division administrative offices, 609 St. Johns Bluff Rd.
- Mowing and Landscape Maintenance Division administrative offices, 609 St. Johns Bluff Rd.
- Solid Waste Division administrative offices, 1031 Superior St.
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 2675 Commonwealth Ave.
- The Ritz Theatre & Museum, 829 N. Davis St.
- Cecil Gym and Fitness Center, 13531 Lake Newman Dr.
There will be no collection services Thursday, Nov. 24. Crews will visit residences scheduled for Thursday collection Saturday, Nov. 26. Residents should set their waste on the curb by 6 a.m. the day of the collection.
630-CITY Call Center
The office will be closed Thursday, Nov. 24, and Friday, Nov. 25. Citizens can submit a request for City service online anytime at myjax.custhelp.com
Jacksonville Public Library
All public libraries will close at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 23, and remain closed through Friday, Nov. 25. All locations will reopen Saturday, Nov. 26.
Tennis centers will be closed Thursday, Nov. 24, and Friday, Nov. 25. Southside Tennis will open at 9 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 25.
Huguenot Memorial Park
Huguenot Memorial Park will be open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 24, and Friday, Nov. 25. The admissions gate close for entry at 5 p.m. Camping is available.
Periodically, Huguenot Memorial Park managers must implement limited beach parking plans in preparation for high tides or other natural occurrences which could cause beach and/or park closures if maximum vehicle capacity is reached. Park-goers are always encouraged to check conditions before visiting the park by calling (904) 255-4255 or visiting www.jaxparks.com.
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park will open at 8 a.m. and will close at the regular time of 6 p.m. Early bird and annual passes required for entry from 6 a.m.- 8 a.m. Park Day-users and campground visitors may enter from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. All visitors, with the exception of permitted campers and their authorized visitors with passes, must depart by 6 p.m. Camping reservations close at 6 p.m. daily. Only campers with prepaid reservations can gain access from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. People without a prepaid pass waiting for them will not be admitted after 5:30 p.m. All campers must check in by 9 p.m., and have tents and RVs set up by 9:30 p.m. After 9 p.m., no one may enter to set up on a campsite.
The drive-thru COVID-19 testing site operated by Telescope Health (540 Atlantic Blvd.) will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 24, and Friday. Nov. 25. Normal operations will resume Monday, Nov. 28.