In observance of Memorial Day, the following City government offices and facilities will be closed on Monday, May 29, 2023.
Garbage and Yard Waste Collection
- City Hall at St. James, 117 W. Duval St.
- Ed Ball Building, 214 N. Hogan St.
- Jake M. Godbold City Hall Annex, 407 N. Laura St.
- Yates Building, 231 E. Forsyth St. (The Office of the Tax Collector, including all Tax Collector branch offices and The Office of the Property Appraiser)
- Duval County Courthouse, 501 W. Adams St.
- Supervisor of Elections main office, 105 E. Monroe St.
- Animal Care and Protective Services, 2020 Forest St.
- Municipal Code Compliance Division, 214 N. Hogan St.
- Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department administrative offices, 515 N. Julia St.
- Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department offices, 214 N. Hogan St.
- All community and senior centers and gymnasiums managed by the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department
- Tillie K. Fowler Regional Park Nature Center, 7000 Roosevelt Blvd.
- Victim Services Center, 403 W. 10th St.
- Kids Hope Alliance, 1095 A. Philip Randolph Blvd.
- Social Service Division Emergency Assistance office, 1809 Art Museum Dr.
- Right-of-Way and Stormwater Management Division administrative offices, 609 St. Johns Bluff Rd.
- Mowing and Landscape Maintenance Division administrative offices, 609 St. Johns Bluff Rd.
- Solid Waste Division administrative offices, 1031 Superior St.
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 2675 Commonwealth Ave.
- The Ritz Theatre & Museum, 829 N. Davis St.
- Cecil Gym and Fitness Center, 13531 Lake Newman Dr.
- Cecil Aquatic Center, 13611 Normandy Blvd.
There will be no disruption to service.
630-CITY Call Center
The office will be closed Monday, May 29. Citizens can submit a request for City service online anytime at myjax.custhelp.com.
Boone Park Tennis Complex will be open from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. All other tennis centers will be closed.
Huguenot Memorial Park
Huguenot Memorial Park will be open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Monday, May 29. The admissions gate close for entry at 7 p.m. Camping is available.
Periodically, Huguenot Memorial Park managers must implement limited beach parking plans in preparation for high tides or other natural occurrences which could cause beach and/or park closures if maximum vehicle capacity is reached. Park-goers are always encouraged to check conditions before visiting the park by calling (904) 255-4255 or visiting www.jaxparks.com.
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park
Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park will open at 8 a.m. and will close at the regular time of 8 p.m. Early bird and annual passes required for entry from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. Park Day-users and campground visitors may enter from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. All visitors, with the exception of permitted campers and their authorized visitors with passes, must depart by 8 p.m. Camping reservations close at 8 p.m. daily. Only campers with prepaid reservations can gain access from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. People without a prepaid pass waiting for them will not be admitted after 7:30 p.m. All campers must check in by 9 p.m., and have tents and RVs set up by 9:30 p.m. After 9 p.m., no one may enter to set up on a campsite.
Outdoor pools will be open Saturday, May 27 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday, May 28, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Monday, May 29, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. The following pools will be open on Saturday, May 27:
- Andrew Jackson High School – 128 W. 30th St.
- Baldwin Middle/High School – 345 Chestnut St. N.
- Cecil Aquatic Center – 13611 Normandy Blvd.
- Emmett Reed Park – 1093 W. 6th St.
- Fletcher High School – 700 Seagate Ave.
- Fort Caroline – 131 Ferber Rd.
- Grand/ Johnnie Walker Park – 2740 Division St.
- Harts Rd/ Eartha Napolean Park – 11597 Harts Rd.
- Julius Guinyard Park – 1358 Jefferson St.
- Lakeshore Middle School – 2519 Bayview Rd.
- Mandarin High School – 4831 Greenland Rd.
- Oceanway Park – 12215 Sago Ave. W.
- Pine Forest – 2335 Gattis Ln.
- Ribault High School – 5820 Van Gundy St.
- Riverside High School – 1200 S. McDuff Ave.
- Sandalwood High School – 2750 John Prom Blvd.
- Terry Parker High School – 7301 Parker School Rd.
- Thomas Jefferson Park – 390 N. Jackson Ave.
- Westside High School – 5530 Firestone Rd.
- Woodland Acres/ Warrington Park – 8200 Kona Ave.