City of Jacksonville Offers Free Parking Options for One Spark
April 08, 2014
One Spark Runs From April 9-13
Mayor Alvin Brown joined One Spark Executive Director Joe Sampson, City Council President Bill Gulliford, Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office Assistant Chief Leonard Propper and Jacksonville Transportation Authority’s CEO Nat Ford to outline road closures and parking options for this year’s five-day One Spark event.
During the event’s duration, from Wednesday, April 9 through Sunday, April 13, free parking will be available in Lot E at EverBank Field. Free shuttles will take visitors to and from One Spark. There is also a free parking option at the Prime Osborn Houston Lot. JTA is offering free Skyway rides to and from that location.
Along with the free lots, all city parking garages and lots will be $10 for all-day parking during One Spark. Garage locations are as follows:
- Library Garage: 33 W. Duval St.
- Water Street Garage: 541 Water St.
- Yates Garage: 200 E. Adams St.
- Forsyth and Main Lot: corner of Forsyth and Main
- Ed Ball Garage: 214 N. Hogan St.
- Bay and Ocean Lot: 112 E. Bay St. (limited)
Several roads will be closed for part of the duration or the entire duration of One Spark.
- Laura Street will be closed from the roundabout to Duval Street starting Tuesday at 7 p.m. and will stay closed through Sunday at 9 p.m.
- Duval Street from Hogan Street to Laura Street, Monroe Street from Hogan Street to Main Street and Adams Street from Hogan Street to Main Street will also be closed for the duration.
- Ocean Street from Adams Street to Bay Street, Bay Street from Newnan Street to Ocean Street and Forsyth Street from both Newnan Street to Ocean Street and Main Street to Hogan Street will be closed as needed between 6 p.m. and 2 a.m. Wednesday through Sunday.
One Spark officially begins at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, April 9 and runs through 7 p.m. Sunday, April 13. For more information on parking, visit onesparkparking.com