The City of Jacksonville Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is excited to announce the opening of 19 community pools on Saturday, May 28.
Pools will open in phases this year. The first set of pools will open prior to Memorial Day weekend. The second set of pools will open prior to the Fourth of July holiday weekend. Outdoor pools are open 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday; 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays; and 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays.
The following pools will be open on Saturday, May 28:
- Terry Parker High School – 7301 Parker School Rd.
- Fort Caroline – 131 Ferber Rd.
- Woodland Acres/ Warrington Park – 8200 Kona Ave.
- Sandalwood High School – 2750 John Prom Blvd.
- Samuel Wolfson High School – 7000 Powers Ave.
- Pine Forest – 2335 Gattis Ln.
- Mandarin High School – 4831 Greenland Rd.
- Andrew Jackson High School – 128 W. 30th St.
- Harts Rd/ Eartha Napolean Park – 11597 Harts Rd.
- Robert Kennedy Park – 1139 Ionia St.
- Oceanway Park – 12215 Sago Ave. W.
- Grand/ Johnnie Walker Park – 2740 Division St.
- Raines High School – 3663 Raines Ave.
- Cecil Aquatic Center – 13611 Normandy Blvd.
- Westside High School – 5530 Firestone Rd.
- Baldwin Middle/High School – 345 Chestnut St. N.
- Thomas Jefferson Park – 390 N. Jackson Ave.
- Fletcher High School – 700 Seagate Ave.
- Lakeshore Middle School – 2519 Bayview Rd.
In addition, six community pools will open on Thursday, July 2. These pools include:
- San Souci/Adolph Wurn Park – 2115 Dean Rd.
- Golfair/Clanzel T Brown Park – 4415 Moncrief Rd.
- Emmett Reed Park – 1093 W. 6th St.
- Mallison Park – 3133 Lenox Ave.
- Eugene Butler/ YMWLA – 900 Acorn St.
- Riverside High School – 1200 S. McDuff Ave.
The City of Jacksonville is still seeking qualified lifeguards to staff City pools. This is a great opportunity to serve your community and make money! Becoming a lifeguard is wonderful opportunity to learn leadership, responsibility, and teamwork. Apply now for a rewarding summer job that also looks great on a professional resume. The starting salary for lifeguards is $12.00 an hour once hired. For additional information, call (904) 255-6777 or (904) 255-4271, or email email@example.com
For more information about summer activities, visit PRCS’s webpage at JaxParks.com
DOWNLOAD POOLS MAP HERE.