Lillian S. Davin Park

Rated for
Joe and Lillian Davin Park signs

Available Amenities

Accessible Amenities Artificial Reef Bait & Tackle Baseball Basketball Benches Beach Pier Bike Racks Bike Trail Birding Trail Boat Dock Boat Fuel Boat Pumpout Boat Ramp Boat Trailer Parking Canoe Rental Community Center Concession Stand DogPark Drinking Fountain Equestrian Trail Fishing Available Football Golf Grills Hiking Trail Nonmotorized Launch Kayak Rental Lighting Manatee Education Multipurpose Field On the water Paddle Board Rental Parking Pickleball PWC Rental Picnic Shelters Picnic Tables Playground Restaurant Restrooms RiverWalk Sailboard Rental Sailboat Rental Scenic Overlook Skate Park Soccer Splash Pad Surfing Swimming Pool Tennis Trash Barrels Wheelchair Accessible

About Lillian S. Davin Park

Lillian S. Davin Park is a 500 x 50 foot median on River Road, in the San Marco section of south Jacksonville. It was part of a carriage lane and bridle path at the famed Villa Alexandria estate built in the 1870’s. John Swisher and his son Carl, the manufacturers of King Edward Cigars, built mansions across from the park, as part of the subdivision platted in 1929 by Telfair Stockton, Brown Whatley, and Joseph Davin. Known for many years as Swisher Place, the park contained 24 beautiful camphor trees that were killed by two hard freezes in the early 1980’s. Due to the initial efforts of resident Earl Hadlow, 19 live oaks were planted as replacements in 1985; and the City named the park for Mrs. Davin, who lived near the park (with husband Joseph Davin) and passed away that year. Today, the mature oak trees extend along each side of the park, which was refurbished by the residents in 2003, with funding provided from a grant. Additional features:
Amenity Count
Benches 8
Security Lighting  
Trash Barrels 2