Beginning, August 6th, pools located on school property will only be available on weekends. Park property pools will remain open August 7th - August 11th, 2023 and will begin weekend only the week of August 12th through Labor Day.
- Monday through Friday 1 pm – 7 pm
- Saturday 11 am – 6 pm
- Sunday 2 pm – 6 pm
End of Season Outdoor Pools and Hours
Park property pools will remain open, Monday, August 7 - August 11, 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and will begin weekend only, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays; and 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays the week of August 12th through Labor Day.
Park property pools:
• Adolph Wurn – 2115 Dean Rd.
• Emmett Reed – 1093 W. 6th St.
• Grand/ Johnnie Walker Park – 2740 Division St.
• Harts Rd/ Eartha Napolean Park – 11597 Harts Rd.
• Julius Guinyard Park – 1358 Jefferson St.
• Robert F. Kennedy – 1133 Ionia St.
• Woodland Acres/ Warrington Park – 8200 Kona Ave.
The City of Jacksonville is still seeking qualified lifeguards to staff City pools. This is a great opportunity to serve your community and make money! Becoming a lifeguard is wonderful opportunity to learn leadership, responsibility, and teamwork. Apply now for a rewarding summer job that also looks great on a professional resume. The starting salary for lifeguards is $14.00 an hour once hired. For additional information, call (904) 255-6777 or (904) 255-4271, or email email@example.com.
Memorial Day Weekend Outdoor Pool Hours
Cecil Aquatics Center
Swim year-round at the Cecil Aquatic Center:
- Monday through Thursday: Lap Swim Only 7 am – 8 am; Open Swim 8 am – 12 pm; (Maintenance Break 12 pm – 1 pm); Open Swim 1 pm – 8 pm
- Friday: Lap Swim Only 7 am – 8 am; Open Swim 8 am – 12 pm; (Maintenance Break 12 pm – 1 pm); Open Swim 1 pm – 6 pm
- Saturday: Open Swim 9 am – 12 pm (Maintenance Break 12 pm – 1 pm); Open Swim 1 pm – 6 pm
- Sunday Open Swim 1 pm – 6 pm
Summer hours will be announced as we get closer to the season.
Splash around in any of our 16 locations around town.
- Splash Pads will open the first weekend in May this year through the last weekend in October
- Open daily from 10 am - 7 pm
Due to unforeseen circumstances splash pads may be off/closed for a limited time during the season for maintenance or weather related issues.
Learn to Swim Schedule
2023 Swim Lessons
Registration begins May 10, 2023!
$60 per two week session.
Classes taught Monday - Thursday with Fridays as make-up days when needed.
*Adult Lap Swim is available at Cecil Aquatics Center Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Aqua Tots- ages 3 to 5
Participants learn basic swimming and water safety skills.
Youth Swim- ages 5 to 13
Participants are placed in classes based on skill level. Activities range from water acclimation to competitive swimming strokes.
Teen Swim- ages 13 to 18
Same as youth swim.
Adult Swim- ages 21 and up
Placement is based on skill level and water acclimation.
JaxParks Swim Teams (Summers only)
To Be Determined
The swim team experience is offered at JaxParks pools throughout the county. New participants are required to take a JaxParks swim test before registering for a team.
Ocean Camp (Summers only)
Registration begins May 9, 2022!
Participants explore the waters and shoreline at Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park. Activities include surfing, sand castle art, beach art, volleyball and environmental adventures. Campers must pass a preregistration swim test administered by JaxParks.
Become a Lifeguard
Join our JaxParks Aquatics team and become a lifeguard.
All those planning to participate will need to be able to complete three prerequisite skills.
- 300 yard swim
- 2 minutes of treading water without using hands
- Retrieving a 10 pound brick from the bottom of the diving well.
$14 per hour starting pay for new lifeguards!
Please come prepared to swim. Participants may bring a change of clothes and snacks. Paper to take notes is recommended. Additional hiring information will be given upon completion of training class.
* This training is for potential COJ pool lifeguard employment.
* Additional classes may be added, please check the JAXPARKS Facebook page for updates.
* Accommodations for persons with disabilities are available upon request. Please contact Disabled Services at VM 255-5466, TTY 255-5475, or email your request to KaraT@coj.net.
March 20 – 24: Woodland Acres, 3:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
March 27 – 31: Pine Forest, 3:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
April 17 – 21: Charles Clark, 3:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
April 24 - 28: Thomas Jefferson, 3:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
May 1 - 5: Charles Clark, 3:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Must complete online section before attending
March 13 & 14: Woodland Acres, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
March 15 & 16: Charles Clark, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
March 18 & 19: Cecil, Saturday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. & Sunday 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
April 1 & 2: Cecil, Saturday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. & Sunday 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
May 20 & 21: Johnne W. Walker, Saturday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. & Sunday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
March 17: Charles Clark, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
April 8: Woodland Acres, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
April 15: Charles Clark, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
May 13: Johnnie W. Walker, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Cecil - 13611 Normandy Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32221
Charles Clark - 8793 Sibbald Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32208
Pine Forest - 2335 Gattis Ln., Jacksonville, FL 32207
Thomas Jefferson - 390 Jackson Ave., N., Jacksonville, FL 32220
Woodland Acres - 8200 Kona Ave., Jacksonville, FL 32211
Johnnie W. Walker - 2500 West 20th St., Jacksonville, FL 32209
For more information call 904.255.6777 or 904.255.4271 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Certification is valid for two years.
Must be 15 years of age to become a lifeguard.
JaxParks Aquatics Office
Call us at (904) 255-6777
JaxParks Aquatics Office, 4012 University Blvd. N., Jacksonville, FL 32277