Public Service Grant Council
The Public Service Grant Council’s mission is to improve the lives of the people of Duval County by being a voice for the local nonprofit organizations who provide services through Public Service Grants. It accomplishes this mission through the following activities:
- Responsible for distributing the annual Public Service Grant appropriation
- Reviews and evaluates all applications based on established criteria
- Serves as an on-site evaluator and lead reviewer for a selected number of applicants
- Attends orientation sessions on all review sessions
- Assures full participation in the allocation process
The Public Service Grant consists of up to fifteen voting members, eight of whom are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by City Council and seven of whom are appointed by the City Council President and confirmed by City Council. Additionally, the City Council President annually appoints a City Council Member to serve as a liaison to the Public Services Grant Council.
Public Service Grant Council - City Council Liaison
1. Lobby for more funding
2. Be transparent and more available to nonprofit organizations to include a PSG Open House in April
3. PSG Council to clearly explain outcome to City Council.
4. Ensure to engage and increase the feedback with the Nonprofit Center.
Public Records Notice: The City of Jacksonville is committed to making its website compliant with all state, local, and federal laws, as well as accessible to as many people as possible. The City is currently developing a procedure to make all documents posted ADA accessible. In the meantime, public records that are not currently accessible will not be posted to the City’s website but remain available pursuant to a public records request. To submit a public records request online visit MyJax or call (904) 630-CITY.
PSG Council meetings will be held at 2:00 p.m. every 2nd Monday of the month.
Download PSG Council Public Notices, Agendas & Minutes at coj.net/Departments/Advisory-Boards-and-Commissions/Public-Service-Grant-Council.
Funding (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for funding history)
FY 2024 PSG Awards
FY 2023 PSG Awards
FY 2022 PSG Awards
FY 2021 PSG Awards
FY 2020 PSG Awards
FY 2019 PSG Council Funding Allocation
FY 2018 PSG Council Funding Allocation
FY 2017 PSG Council Funding Allocation
FY 2016 PSG Council Funding Allocation
FY 2016 PSG Council Recommendations
FY 2013 Public Service Grant Funding Matrix
PSG Funding from 1991-2014
Ordinances and Laws
Please see Part 7. Gifts and Honoraria, Revised City Ethics Code
State of Florida Sunshine Law